Open Water Diver Course Essentials
- Be at least 10 years of age or older
- Able to swim 200m
- Able to float or tread for 10mins without any swimming aids
- All course materials
- 1 Theory session
- 1 Pool Session
- 4-5 Open Water Scuba Dives
- 3D/2N Full board trip to Malaysia / Indonesia / onboard MV Nautica
- Equipment rental for Pool and Trip (BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Weights and Tank)
- 2-way land and sea transportation, lodging and all meals
- Instructor fees
- Certification fees
- Soft Gear Rental (Mask and fins) – Check with us for the equipment purchase promotion
- Travel Insurance (Recommended)
- Air fare (If any)
- Marine Park fee
- Batteries for torch
- Gratitude for Boat Crew / Guide
Open Water Diver Course Components
Scuba diving is an incredible sport. Picture walking in space for an hour except you’re underwater and interacting different forms of marine life. To start your Scuba adventure, the SSI Open Water Diver course will be your invite to the underwater world! The SSI Open Water Diver course consists of 3 parts: Academic, Pool training and Open sea dives.
1 Theory Class
1 Practical Pool Session
1 Weekend Trip
Our theory and knowledge component is broken into two parts:
- Online independent study via ADA Learning Platform
- Theory class
We have developed an online training platform so you can learn the theory portion at your own pace when it is convenient for you. You will be learning buoyancy and pressure concepts, equipment usage, hand signals and more via an interactive online system with videos and quizzes.
After which, there will be 1 theory session where an instructor will go through additional queries and actual application concepts to get you ready for your pool session.
1 Session: Tuesday 7pm – 10.30pm
Location: Eko Divers Shop, Blk. 13 Yorkhill
During your pool session, you will learn practical aspects of scuba diving and get a chance to master skills before going to the sea. You will learn equipment assembly, experience breathing underwater, learn about buoyancy control and much more!
1 Session: Sunday 9am – 4pm
Pool sessions are held at Outram Secondary School.
What you will learn
|Equipment assembly & familiarizationWeight adjustment||Mask and regulator skills|
|Buddy checks||Entry and exit|
|Proper Ascent & Descent||Equalization techniques|
|Controlled emergency swimming ascent||Surface skills|
|Equipment removal and replacement|
What to bring?
Swimwear, Sunscreen, light lunch, water and goggles for your swim test (optional)
You will complete at least 4 dives and have the chance to experience everything you learned in the pool hands-on. The course trip will include everything from travel, accommodation, diving and food.
4-5 Open Water Dives: Departs every Friday 6.30pm and returns every Sunday: 9pm (Tioman Trip)
Pool sessions are held at Outram Secondary School.
WHY LEARN THE OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Taking the Open Water Diver course will ensure that you acquire the basic skills and diving experience needed to be able to navigate safely and comfortably underwater.
- Immerse in an interactive training on the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Acquire a full understanding and knowledge in exploring the Open Water.
- Become an expert on foundational scuba diving techniques and skills needed to navigate effortlessly during the dive.
- Master the basics of safe and precise scuba diving.
- Ability to do open water dives with a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet
- Advantage of joining a community of scuba divers worldwide.
After certification, you will be able to dive anywhere in the world with a buddy up to a depth of 18m.
Every Tuesday Classroom @ Gill Divers Shop, 37b Hongkong Street, Level 3
- 7:00pm - Learn Buoyancy & Pressure Concepts and more!
- 10:30pm - End of Theory Session 1 (3.5 Hrs)
Every Sunday Pool @ Outram Secondary School, 3 York Hill, Singapore 168622
- 9:00am - Learn Equipment Assembly and Familiarization, Breathing Underwater, Buoyancy Control and more!
- 4:00pm - End of Practical Session 1 (7 Hrs)
- 6:00pm - Meet at Blk. 13 Yorkhill
- 7:00pm - Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- 10:30pm - Rest Stop
- 11:45pm - Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- 12.15am - Depart for Dayang / Tioman via ferry
- 3.15am - Arrive Dayang / Tioman
- 3:30am - Check in Resort
- 9:00am - Breakfast & Briefing
- 10:30am - 1st Dive
- 12:30pm - Lunch on board
- 2:00pm - 2nd & 3rd Dive
- 6:00pm - Return to resort
- 7:00pm - Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
- 7:00am - Breakfast
- 8:30am - 4th & 5th Dive
- 12:30pm - Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- 1:30pm - Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- 5:30pm - Arrive Mersing Jetty
- 6:00pm - Depart for Singapore via coach
- 9:00pm - Arrive Singapore at York Hill
- Arrive at Singapore's Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
- Depart for Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal
- Arrive at Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal
- Transfer to Bintan Agro or Cabana Beach Resort
- Check in resort
- Depart for 1st and 2nd dives from jetty
- Depart for 3rd and 4th dives from jetty
- Gather at lobby for departure to Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal
- Reach Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal
- Ferry departs for Singapore
- Arrive at Singapore’s Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
To begin your journey into a whole new, underwater world, the SSI Open Water Diver course is the way to go. All you have to do is to go through a theory class (with online learning), a pool session, and an open water dive trip to be certified as an Open Water diver!