Navigation Course Essentials
- 1 Open Water Diving Package - 2D2N Tioman Island - Quad Share
- SSI Digital Kit - Search & Recovery
- Instructor Fees
- Certification with e-Card
- Rental of all gear (Except Soft gear & Compass rental)
Navigation Course Components
The SSI Navigation Course consists of one (1) Weekend Trip Session.
1 Weekend Trip Session
Navigation provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably navigate underwater during a dive. You will learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques, estimate distance, basic navigation patterns and how to leave and return to a designated point.
The course trip will include everything from travel, accommodation, diving and food.
Departs every Friday Evening (around 6pm) and returns every Sunday Nights (Tioman Trip)
Why Learn the Navigation Course
Master the skills and knowledge to navigate your dive safely and comfortably with the SSI Navigation Specialty program.
- Learn to manipulate a compass and apply natural navigation techniques during dive.
- Gain skills in measuring and estimating distance underwater.
- Acquire learnings on basics of navigation patterns.
- Get the hang of leaving and returning to a designated point.
- Earn the SSI Navigation Specialty Program after program completion.
Day 1 (Friday)
- Meet at 13 York Hill
- Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- Rest stop
- Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Tioman via ferry
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Arrive Tioman
- Check in Resort
- Breakfast & Briefing
- 1st Dive
- Lunch on board- Return to resort
- 2nd & 3rd Dive
- Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
Day 3 (Sunday)
- 4th & 5th Dive
- Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- Arrive Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Singapore via coach
- Arrive Singapore
The fun doesn’t need to stop there! With just a little more training, you can go even further – imagine diving in underwater shipwrecks, with sharks, or becoming an underwater photographer! It s your chance to move to the next level in your diving adventures.