Situated less than an hour away from Singapore, Bintan offers the perfect retreat for those who want a speedy weekend trip, away from the hustle and bustle of urban life, without the need for long bus rides. Life in Bintan is decidedly slower, and with good food, good dives and good accommodations, it is the ideal weekend trip for the busy.
Bintan Island is part of Indonesia’s Riau Archipelago in the South China Sea. A short boat ride from Singapore, its northern Lagoi area is an upscale resort destination offering championship golf courses, private beaches and extensive water sports. The northeastern Trikora strip features less-developed beaches. To the south, the provincial capital, Tanjung Pinang, has Dutch colonial architecture and rich history as a trade port.
Best Time to Dive
- if you are planning on swimming in the seas or diving then visit during the dry season which corresponds with the summer months of March to October.
Add on: Bintan Agro Beach Resort
Bintan Agro Beach Resort is located at the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island. Sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines help set your mood for the perfect getaway. The scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turqoise waters around the resort as well as the warm hospitality from the resort staff ensure all visitors an ideal, laidback holiday retreat.
FACTS ABOUT BINTAN
• Valid passport and Visa (if applicable)
• Cash in Singapore or local currency (Indonesian Rupiah; IDR)
• Personal Medication
• Travel Insurance (recommended)
• Able to snorkel/swim in the sea
• Minimum of Open Water Diver Certification or equivalent (for leisure diver)
By Sea (45 min – 1 hour):
Ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (Singapore) to Bintan Ferry Terminal (Bintan)
By Land (1 hour):
Coach or Minibus from Bintan Ferry Terminal to Bintan Agro Beach Resort
Total: 2 hours per way
Currency accepted: Singapore Dollar (SGD) or Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
Credit cards accepted: Visa and Mastercard
Electricity Supply: 230V 50Hz, 3 pin round plug (Same plugs as in Singapore; no adapters required)
Time difference: Indonesia is 1 hour behind Singapore time (GMT +7)
Immigration: Countries which require a visa for entry
Most of Bintan’s dive sites are still unnamed as they mainly consist of as yet unexplored and uncharted sites.
However, dive sites range around islands such as Penyusuk, White Sands, Mapur…
Bintan Diving is quite hassle free as dive sites are approximately 5-10 minutes away from the resort, which you will be brought to via a dive boat.
There will be 3 boat dives on the first day, and 2 boat dives on the morning of the second day (weather conditions permitting). Tanks and weights are provided. Night dives are available on request.
• All transfers via land and sea
• Triple-sharing accommodations
• All meals
• Air tanks and weights
• Divemasters and/or dive instructors
• Dive equipment rental
• 4 x AA sized batteries (if required for night dive)
• Personal expenses (includes drinks, telephone/laundry bills, and tips)
• Travel insurance (proof of insurance required)
• Visa application and fees (if applicable)
• Gratitude for the Boat Crew / Guide